Health, Education & Community
We are building a 6,400 sq. ft. Wellness Center that will expand both the medical care and health education we can offer the community and surrounding areas. Our goal is to continue providing free medical care to needy individuals, while also educating our community about making longterm, healthy choices that will positively impact their families’ futures.
The Wellness Center will include:
- a significantly larger, better equipped clinic
- multipurpose space for classes and events
- a “show” kitchen for healthy cooking instruction
- a counseling and prayer room
- accommodations for visiting practitioners and volunteers
- ample outdoor space (8/10 acre) for a play area, community garden, and future expansion.
We additionally envision the new facility as a medical missions training institute where healthcare professionals and medical students can experience rural medicine through responsible care to the underserved communities of Baja. We hope this will result in a greater call toward missions and service in the lives of the visitors who train with us, and a sound understanding of beneficial, Christ-honoring medical missions.
New Wellness Center Website
To learn more, we encourage you to visit our new Wellness Center website. The site includes architectural plans, the latest photos and videos, construction and funding progress, and ways to get involved.